-0.2 C
Munich
Sunday, November 29, 2020

Conor McGregor Says He Has Still Not Received Official Confirmation on Dustin Poirier Fight

Must read

Florida homeless man accused of sexually assaulting woman who let him sleep at her house

Florida deputies have accused a homeless man of sexual assaulting a woman who let him stay in her home for the night.Pinellas County deputies said Clark Caplan, 44, was looking for a place to spend the night around midnight on Thanksgiving when he knocked on the woman’s door in St. Pete Beach, according to Fox 13…

Biden gets boost from Wisconsin recount that cost Trump $3M

President-elect Joe Biden picked up 132 more votes after an election recount in Milwaukee County, among the two places in Wisconsin that President Trump spent $3 million to force a recount.DONOR SUES PRO-TRUMP GROUP FOR $2.5M OVER 'EMPTY PROMISES' ON VOTER FRAUDIn Dane County, another Democratic stronghold, votes are still being tallied in a count expected…

Former US service member charged with supporting Syrian terrorist organization

A New Jersey woman who served in the Army has been charged with providing material support to a Syrian terrorist group. Maria Bell, 53, was arrested Wednesday at her home in Hopatcong, federal prosecutors said.Bell is accused of sending money and other information to members of the al-Nusra Front and concealing her actions, according to U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito."Bell used encrypted applications…

Toddler shot as Ontario police confront dad accused of kidnapping

A 1-year-old boy was killed Thursday after Canada's Ontario Provincial Police opened fire on a vehicle driven by his father, who had been accused of kidnapping the toddler.SECOND TEEN DIES AFTER SACRAMENTO MALL SHOOTINGThe man was shot by police but reportedly survived, according to VICE News.The 33-year-old father was "airlifted to the hospital in grave condition," the…

The return of Conor McGregor is something MMA fans have been looking forward to. The Irish superstar is set to take on Dustin Poirier in the first half of 2021. ‘The Notorious’ had a turbulent 2020. He started off the year with an impressive 40-second stoppage win over Cerrone. 

Since the fight, ‘The Notorious’ maintained that he would fight multiple times in 2020. However, the pandemic has thrown a wrench in McGregor’s plans. Conor was unable to secure another fight in the year and in frustration announced his retirement as well. However, recent developments suggest McGregor will be back for a match against a former rival. 

Read: Conor McGregor makes a bold prediction of Dustin Poirier rematch 

Conor McGregor provides an update on the Dustin Poirier fight 

Conor recently took to Twitter to engage with his fans. One follower mentioned how McGregor inspired him and urged him to keep going. In response, the former champion provided an update on his upcoming fight. He said, “Thank you Sir! I am raring to go and in the best place I’ve ever been. Excited to show my practices to the world! Still awaiting official confirmation however.”

Thank you Sir! I am raring to go and in the best place I’ve ever been.

Excited to show my practices to the world!

Still awaiting official confirmation however. https://t.co/L8Nub2yMjw

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) November 3, 2020

McGregor is set to make a sensational comeback in January 2021. He will take on Dustin Poirier, six years on from their first fight.


However, in the rematch, a lot will have changed. For starters, both men are not featherweights anymore. Furthermore, both men have grown leaps and bounds since the last time they fought at UFC 178. 

The fight comes at an interesting time for both men in regard to the lightweight division. A retired champion in Khabib Nurmagomedov gives an excellent opportunity for either fighter to fight for or even win the title. 

After being ignored on the 3 dates I put forward. (3 consecutive dates I might add! Would have had me at 4 fights this calendar year) Followed then by being sidelined because no crowds in attendance, I said fuck this and bounced.

4 fights this era = 6mill PPV buys. How much lost? https://t.co/iDVcR2DD3j

— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) November 3, 2020

Dana White had recently said that the fight was done; ‘The Diamond’ put out a Tweet yesterday asking the UFC to send him the contract. However, he deleted the post immediately. 

Read: “Stop playing games”- Dustin Poirier not happy with Dana White and the UFC in deleted Tweet 

Conor has now put out the same information that the fight between the two men is not confirmed. What do you think is causing the delay in finalizing the fight? Let us know in the comments below. 

Continue the conversation on the app, join other MMA fans on MMA Fans App

Read More

- Advertisement -

More articles

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisement -

Latest article

Florida homeless man accused of sexually assaulting woman who let him sleep at her house

Florida deputies have accused a homeless man of sexual assaulting a woman who let him stay in her home for the night.Pinellas County deputies said Clark Caplan, 44, was looking for a place to spend the night around midnight on Thanksgiving when he knocked on the woman’s door in St. Pete Beach, according to Fox 13…

Biden gets boost from Wisconsin recount that cost Trump $3M

President-elect Joe Biden picked up 132 more votes after an election recount in Milwaukee County, among the two places in Wisconsin that President Trump spent $3 million to force a recount.DONOR SUES PRO-TRUMP GROUP FOR $2.5M OVER 'EMPTY PROMISES' ON VOTER FRAUDIn Dane County, another Democratic stronghold, votes are still being tallied in a count expected…

Former US service member charged with supporting Syrian terrorist organization

A New Jersey woman who served in the Army has been charged with providing material support to a Syrian terrorist group. Maria Bell, 53, was arrested Wednesday at her home in Hopatcong, federal prosecutors said.Bell is accused of sending money and other information to members of the al-Nusra Front and concealing her actions, according to U.S. Attorney Craig Carpenito."Bell used encrypted applications…

Toddler shot as Ontario police confront dad accused of kidnapping

A 1-year-old boy was killed Thursday after Canada's Ontario Provincial Police opened fire on a vehicle driven by his father, who had been accused of kidnapping the toddler.SECOND TEEN DIES AFTER SACRAMENTO MALL SHOOTINGThe man was shot by police but reportedly survived, according to VICE News.The 33-year-old father was "airlifted to the hospital in grave condition," the…

Browns female coach to handle game-day duties against Jags

Browns chief of staff Callie Brownson will handle game-day duties for Cleveland's tight ends on Sunday in Jacksonville, a first in team history for a female.Brownson, who was hired by Browns coach Kevin Stefanski shortly after he came to Cleveland earlier this year, will fill in for coach Drew Petzing. He did not travel to…