The results have begun to flow under Thomas Tuchel. Since the German manager has taken over, Chelsea have taken ten points from four matches. A win against Newcastle will leave the Blues in fourth place, a stunning return to the Champions League spots, after their drop down the table cost Frank Lampard his job on the Chelsea sidelines.
How To Watch
- Who: Chelsea vs. Newcastle United
- When: Monday at 3 p.m. ET
- Where: Stamford Bridge
- TV: NBC Sports Network
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Odds: Chelsea -430, draw +525, Newcastle +1100 (all odds courtesy of William Hill sportsbook)
What to Know
Newcastle United will head off to play at Stamford Bridge to try and generate a massive upset against a suddenly resurgent Chelsea. Chelsea have a place in the Champions League spots on the line, while Newcastle are playing to remain safely above the relegation battle. Steve Bruce’s side currently sits in 17th place, although they have a seven point cushion to the bottom three.
On Saturday, the Magpies won by a goal, slipping past Southampton 3-2. Newcastle’s attack checked out after the first half but had banked more than enough to hold off Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side. Chelsea dodged a bullet on Sunday, finishing off Sheffield United 2-1, despite only outshooting the bottom dwelling Blades 9-8.
Their wins bumped Newcastle to 7-12-4 and Chelsea to 11-6-6.
Chelsea have won five out of their last seven games against Newcastle United.
- Nov 21, 2020 – Chelsea 2 vs. Newcastle United 0
- Jan 18, 2020 – Newcastle United 1 vs. Chelsea 0
- Oct 19, 2019 – Chelsea 1 vs. Newcastle United 0
- Jan 12, 2019 – Chelsea 2 vs. Newcastle United 1
- Aug 26, 2018 – Chelsea 2 vs. Newcastle United 1
- May 13, 2018 – Newcastle United 3 vs. Chelsea 0
- Dec 02, 2017 – Chelsea 3 vs. Newcastle United 1
Newcastle have been better of late, but it’s not enough to slow Chelsea’s roll as Tuchel’s men handle their business. Pick: Chelsea 1, Newcastle 0
So who should you back in the English Premier League match between Chelsea and Newcastle? And where does all the betting value lie? Visit SportsLine now to see this week’s best bets for the English Premier League, all from the European soccer insider who’s generated over $16,900 for $100 bettors since the 2017-18 season!